I feel lucky to have the time to be typing a blog post right now. (These minutes are coming out of my study time, actually, but we all have our priorities.) My weekend is only just now slowing down; being a bridesmaid in my brother’s wedding last Saturday, I was swamped all weekend with formal dinners, dress rehearsals, and so on. I tried studying for finals (this week!) at Dave & Busters, and even brought my Precalculus book to the beach to study, but all in vain (I failed the test yesterday).
*sigh* I still have one more week to plow through and finish the semester with flying colours (in the English department, anyway).
Speaking of English, here’s what I’ve been up to lately in the writing world…
- Finishing my first biblical retelling. As listed in my this month’s projects, I rewrote a biblical event. For the first one, I chose to retell I Kings 17:1-16 as a fairy tale of some sort. I finished the first draft some time last week, but read over it and made final changes last night.
- Reading submissions for Whispered Vespers. I am pleased with the turnout of submissions we’ve had for the magazine. Already, Brandon and I have read the work of several talented poets. We still have plenty of room in the first issue, however, for both poetry and prose. Cover art submissions are especially welcome as we have yet to receive any illustrations.
- Hustling for scholarships. I’m transferring to another school over this summer, so I have had a load of applications to fill out and letters to write. It is not the fun kind of writing.
- Reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It is such a great read, and I’m sure there have been many to revisit it several times. I’ll be posting an article about writing techniques to be learned from it soon, so keep an eye out for that. 😉 My goal is to finish the entire series before the release of the last movie this summer. 😀
- Switching from coffee to tea. This has not been an easy transition. I also try drinking decaf, but coming across a pretty little tea set in my garage has impelled me to start experimenting with new flavors of tea to drink while writing. Oh, and cinnamon roast almonds? Best reading snack ever. I munch on these while reading Harry Potter. Yes. I do.
This will all be over soon. Until then!