Since I’ve gotten serious about writing, I’ve done a lot of work building up a portfolio of poems and stories as well as marketing my writing, but much of this has been done under another name. This year, there are a few things I want to accomplish as a writer, such as:
- triple my publications. (So far, I have eight publications under my own name, so by the end of 2011, I expect to have twenty-four publications in my bibliography online and in print.)
- publish a chapbook. (I am currently endeavoring to beef up my poetry portfolio with a focus in sonnets. More about that later.)
- publish at least one work of fiction. (Pretty self-explanatory.)
- explore other fields of writing. (Examples? Blogging, of course, book reviews, articles, etc.)
Things that would be nice to accomplish:
- Write a complete children’s book.
- Edit NaNoWriMo 2010 novel.
- Start a literary magazine.
Stay tuned to keep track of these objectives as they are achieved. 🙂